Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ki pense ke...

It's been made so easy for Finns now. Learning French and Spanish.
My colleague was typing an SMS in French one day and we got into a discussion on teenage slang and "web-French". I was amused to make a few observations which, I'm sure, most students of French are familiar with. Anyhow, I shall present them here.

How would a native speaker of Finnish type French? Following the Finnish spelling, of course.
"Mais non, ce n'est pas vrai!" (But no, that's not true) would be typed as

"Me noo, se ne pa vree!"

And in Spanish, similarly,

"No quiere estar contigo porque..." - that would be written by a fellow-Finn as:

"No kiere estar kontigo porke..."

Yes. That's really funny; that's what they do now. Los jovenes, los adultos, les adultes, les jeunes. On internet, they type the way I believed would always be just the Finn's struggle to learn.

I like it but in my eyes, there is something exotic missing when the Q's are dropped out. We don't have Q's in Finnish, the Spanish and the French have plenty of palabras with them to enjoy. It's a fancy letter and lovely to write.

From from this moment on, a lot of pressure is taken off my shoulders. At least on web, I can freely ignore the spelling.

Entonses, voi a eskribir sin Q, kreo ke komprende bien :)

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger MARIANO said...

A mí, komo soi un poko anarkihta i punk, no me guhta la 'q' donde se usa aora (tut-tut, Banana!), i tampoko la 'h' ni la 'y'. Pero me lah tube ke tragar en el mundo laboral, porke si enseño cahteyano con 'k' me sakan a patadah en doh díah. La 'ñ' sí me ba, pork'éh un fonema diferente řepresentado por una sola letra. La 'ch', la 'rr' i la 'x' me pikan, lah doh primerah porke usan doh letrah para řepresentar un úniko fonema, i la otra por lo kontrario. Luego, el uso aktual de 'z' i 'c' a kausado ehtragoh en Ihpanoamérika... ¿A kién, si no eh ingléh, se le okuře usar un sihtema de ehkritura ke řefleja una diferensia ineksihtente entre sonidoh? 'hacen' i 'asen' pueden ser pareh mínimoh en parteh de Ehpaña (ke no en toda eya), pero en el kontinente del sol poniente loh niñoh asen suh tarea, i dejamoh que loh pimientoh se asen sobre lah brasah. La 'v' tampoco sirbe de muqo en loh labioh de ningún ihpanoablante, i lo mihmo bale para la 'll'. ¡A la basura con ellah! Para terminar, 'j' y 'g' nesesitan también suh buenoh empujonsitoh: si soi pasifihta, no me guhta la geřa y toko la gitařa komo Jorje Dreksler, i si kiero dedikarme a la kořupsión, en Arjentina, me ago ajente de polisía.
El sihtema de asentuasión eh bueno; algo komplikado, pero mui lójiko. Ese sí ke no lo toko.
Tal beh lo mejor sería enseñar en lah ehkuelah un řepertorio fonétiko básiko y permitirle a kada persona usarlo para řeflejar la manera en ke él o eya abla. No kreo ke ehto signifikaría una pérdida de koesión para la lengua; al kontrario, el kahteyano se konvertiría en uno de loh idiomah máh egalitarioh del mundo.
"Lets put auer mani uer auer mauzs ar", komo disen loh ingleseh.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Anicko said...

Wow! (= Vau!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home